Friday, December 17, 2010

Kelly Goblirsch
Period 2
21st Century Writing
Impact of Cell Phones
I believe that cell phones have been a huge improvement to our
technology and have become very widespread. Although, there are some aspects of
the cell phone that are negative, there are many reasons why the cell phone has
positively affected our society. Cell phones are very effective because they allow people
to make and receive calls at any point. Cell phone use is rapidly becoming one of the
most common forms of communication in the world. They are handy tools for staying in
touch with family and friends, contacting help in an emergency and staying connected
through internet applications. They are very convenient. The cell phone sizes are
smaller than normal phones. Technology has been growing at a rapid rate to
accommodate the needs and the desires of the people. One of the greatest
technologies of the 21 century is the cell phone. It has become a phenomenon and an
addiction to own at least one cell phone per person. Cell phones have now become a
part of our daily life and without cell phones we would be lost in this high tech world. Cell
phone use is getting more popular. I remember I couldn’t get a cell phone until I was in
eighth grade and now I see kids who are in elementary school and they have cell
phones. It is crazy to see how young people are when they are getting their phones. I
feel like they are so young that they wouldn’t even need to use it. But now, 30% of the
population has joined the mobile phone services. Cell phones make our life easier. It is
easier to contact a person and we can speak with him now matter where they are, if
they are abroad or not. It is more convenient because you don’t have to look for a public
phone just to call someone; you have a phone right on you. Cell phones are a tool of
convenience. Easy access isn’t the only benefit of cell phones. They haven’t given us
only the power to talk wirelessly, but they also provided us with games, music, photos,
access to the Internet and much more. Whatever may be the reason for why you buy a
cell phone, the truth is they offer you many opportunities. No matter how old you are,
cell phones are easy to use. They come in many different kinds so you can pick which
one you like the best. It doesn’t surprise me how fast cell phones have grown. I feel
like they are super helpful. It is easier because I don’t have to remember names and
numbers anymore; all I have to do is add them it to my contacts and I am done. It allows
me to connect more with my parents when I am not home. Overall, there are many
advantages and disadvantages to cell phones but I feel like the good outweighs the bad.
I use my cell phone all the time and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment